You can view the full version and download it in PDF format.
Page 4 of 13
or by making
• Avoid dangerous
Never operate your unit
in damp or wet conditions.
is a shock hazard.
• Do not use the unit in the rain. Do not use in or around water.
• Do not handle the plug or unit with wet hands or
on any wet surfaces.
• Do not leave the unit plugged in when not in use, changing
attachments or add-ons, or while being serviced.
• Keep bystanders,
children and pets, at least
50 ft (15 m) away.
• Wear safety glasses or goggles that are marked as
meeting ANSI Z87.1 standards,
this unit. Wear a face or
dust mask if the operation
• Wear heavy, long pants, boots, gloves and a long sleeve
shirt. Do not wear loose clothing,jewelry,
sandals or go barefoot. Secure hair above shoulder level.
• Use the unit only in daylight
or good artificial
• Use the right tool. Only use this tool for the purpose intended.
• Do not force unit. It will do the job
better and with less
of injury at a rate for which it was designed.
• Use extreme caution
when reversing or pulling the unit
• Do not overreach, take extra care when working on steep
slopes or inclines. Always keep proper footing and balance.
• Always hold the unit with both hands when operating.
Keep a firm grip on both the front and rear handle or grips.
• Keep hands, face, and feet at a distance from all moving
parts. Do not touch or try to stop the tines when they are
rotating. Do not operate without guards in place.
• Do not operate the engine faster than the speed
needed to do the job.
Do not run the engine at high
speed when not in use.
• Always stop the engine/motor
delayed or when walking
from one location
• Stop the engine/motor
install or remove the tines. The unit must be stopped
and the tines no longer turning to avoid injury.
• The tines become
very sharp from use. Always wear
heavy gloves when handling,
cleaning the tines.
• If you strike or become
entangled with a foreign object,
stop the engine/motor
and check for
Have any damage
repaired before attempting
• Stop the unit IMMEDIATELY if you feel excessive
vibration. Vibration is a sign of trouble. Inspect thoroughly
for loose nuts, bolts or damage before continuing. Repair
or replace affected parts as necessary.
• Stop and switch the unit to off for maintenance,
or for changing
or other attachments.
• Keep unit clean of vegetation and other materials. They may
become lodged between the tines and gearbox or guard.
• Use only genuine factory replacement
for this unit. These are available from
service dealer. Use of any unauthorized
parts or accessories
could lead to serious injury to the
user or damage to the unit, and void your warranty.
• Allow the unit to cool before storing
sure to secure the unit while transporting.
• Store the unit in a locked
up and dry or high and dry
place to prevent unauthorized
use or damage, out of
the reach of children.
• Clean the tines with a hose and water. Wipe the tines
with a light machine oil to prevent rust.
• Never douse or squirt the unit with water or any other
liquid. Keep handles dry, clean and free from debris.
Clean after each use.
Keep these instructions.
Refer to them often and use
them to instruct
If you loan someone
unit, also loan them these instructions.
should perform any repairs
that are not described
in this manual.
shear bolts, engine
bolts and other
bolts at frequent
for proper tightness
sure the equipment
is in safe working
Inside a building
store the machine
away from ignition
Allow the engine to cool before storing in any
refer to the Operator's
details if the cultivator
is to be stored for an
Do not attempt
to repair the machine
unless you have
the proper tools, and instructions
repair of the machine.