You can view the full version and download it in PDF format.
Page 2 of 40
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
Read all of the instructions before using this appli-
ance. When using this appliance, always exercise
basic safety precautions, including the following:
If the freezer has been placed in a horizontal or tilted position
for any period of time wait 24 hours before plugging the unit in.
1. Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this use
and care guide.
2. This freezer must be properly installed in accordance with the
installation instructions before it is used. See grounding instructions in
the installation section.
3. Never unplug your freezer by pulling on the power cord. Always grasp
the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
4. Repair or replace immediately, all electric service cords that have
become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows
cracks or abrasion damage along its length, the plug or the connector
5. Unplug your freezer before cleaning or before making any repairs.
If for any reason this product requires service, we strongly
recommend that a certified technician performs the service.
- Risk of Fire or Explosion. Flammable refrigerant used. Do
not use Mechanical devices to defrost freezer. Do not puncture
7. If your old freezer is not being used, we recommend that you remove
the doors. This will reduce the possibility of danger to children.
After your freezer is in operation, do not touch the
cold surfaces in the freezer compartment, particularly when hands
are damp or wet. Skin may adhere to these extremely cold sur-
9. Do not refreeze foods, which have been thawed completely. The United
States Department of Agriculture in Home and Garden Bulletin No. 69
reads: “…You may safely refreeze frozen foods that have thawed if
they still contain ice crystals or if they are still cold-below 40˚F”.
“…Thawed ground meats, poultry, or fish that have any off-odor or
off-color should not be refrozen and should not be eaten. Thawed ice
cream should be discarded. If the odor or color of any food is poor or
questionable, discard it. The food may be dangerous to eat.”