You can view the full version and download it in PDF format.
Page 3 of 23
Risk of child
are not problems of the past.
freezer are still dangerous-
even if they
will sit for "just a few days."
If you are
below to help prevent accidents.
BEFORE YOU THROW
*Leave shelves in
place so children
may not easily
Do not use an extension
cord or an adapter plug. Do not remove
any prong from power cord.
cord with 3-prong
Read all instructions
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of
this or any other
• Destroy carton, plastic bags, and any exterior wrapping
after the freezer is unpacked. Children should never use these items for play.
Cartons covered with
rugs, bedspreads, plastic sheets or stretch
chambers and can quickly cause suffocation.
• A child might suffocate if he crawls into a freezer to hide or play. Remove
door of a freezer when
not in use, even if
• Remove and discard any spacers usedto secure the shelvesduring shipping, Small
objects are a choke hazard to children,
These guidelines must be followed
to ensure that safety mechanisms in the
design of this freezer
• Refer to the serial plate for correct
The appliance power
cord is equipped with a three-prong grounding plug for protection against shock
hazards. It must be plugged directly into its own properly grounded three-prong
with a 15 amp time delay fuse or circuit
receptacle must be installed in accordance with the local codes and ordinances.
Consult a qualified electrician.
Receptacles protected by Ground
Interrupters (GFCI)are NOT RECOMMENDED, DO
NOT use an extension
• If voltage varies by 10 percent or more, freezer performance may be affected,
the freezer with
can damage the motor,
damage is not covered under the warranty,
If you suspect your household voltage
is high or low, consult your power company for testing,
• To prevent the freezer from being turned off accidentally, do not plug unit into
an outlet controlled
by a wall switch or pull cord,
• Do not pinch, knot, or bend power cord in any manner,
• Never unplug freezer by pulling on power cord, Always grip plug firmly, and pull
straight out from receptacle,
• Turning control to OFFturns off the compressor, but does not disconnect power
to other electrical components,