Ask. Download. Be answered.
Haier DE45EA user manual download (Page 8 of 28)
Confirm that you are not a robot.
PDF, 4.31 MB
You can view the full version and download it in PDF format.
Page 8 of 28
If you experience operational problems, please follow these troubleshooting suggestions
before calling Customer Service. If these suggestions fail to solve the problem,
call Customer Service toll free at 1-877-337-3639.
Unit not operating
• Check to see if the grounded 3-prong plug is
pushed completely into the outlet.
• The fuse may be blown or the circuit has been
tripped. Check the house fuse/circuit breaker.
Replace fuse or reset breaker as needed.
• The bucket may be full. The dehumidifier
automatically turns off when this occurs.
The drain bucket needs to be emptied.
• If the bucket is not full, it may be positioned
improperly. Remove and reinstall so that it fits
all the way into the dehumidifier.
• When the ambient temperature is above 112°F or
below 32°F, the unit will shut off. This protects the
compressor. Wait 3 minutes and then restart.
Dehumidifier is icing up during initial stage
• This is normal for a dehumidifier. Frost will usually
disappear within 60 minutes unless the temperature
is below 60°F.
Airflow is restricted
• Make sure there are no curtains, blinds or furniture
blocking the front or back of the dehumidifier.
• Clean the filter. It may be clogged.
After prolonged usage, the condenser coils behind
the filter may develop a buildup of residue. Unless
cleaned regularly with a soft brush, this residue will
harden and may require special cleaning methods by
a refrigeration/air conditioning professional.
• When first installed, allow at least 3 or 4 days to
remove the moisture from the room to maintain
the desired dryness.
• Area to be dehumidified may be too large for
your model. Check with your dealer.
• The controls may not be set correctly. Adjust
controls according to instructions.
• Doors and windows may not be closed. Check
that all doors, windows and other openings are
• Clothes dryer may be in operation in the same
room. Install the dehumidifier away from the
moisture-laden air generated by the dryer. Dryer
should be vented to the outside.
• Please note that when room temperature is
below 60 F, there might be ice forming on the
coils. The unit will go into Auto-Defrost mode to
remove the ice before resuming its dehumidifi-
cation. The defrost operation will reduce the
unit’s ability for moisture removal.
Ctrl + ←
Ctrl + →
This manual is suitable for devices