|Manual type:||Service Manual|
Instant delivery to e-mail
You can buy the full version and download it in PDF format instantly.
Page 1 of 16
The Curtis High Volume Combo Brewer is Factory Pre-Set and Ready to Go… Right from the Box.
Following are the Factory Settings for the High Volume Combo Brewer:
• Brew Temperature = 200°F
• Water Bypass = On LARGE & MEDIUM brew only
• Brew Volume = Large set to vessel requirements.
• Water Source
20 – 90 PSI (Minimum Flow Rate of 1 GPM)
• Electrical: See schematic on page 9.
The unit should be level (left to right and front to back), and located on a secure counter top. Connect a water
line from the water ﬁlter to the brewer.
NOTE: A water ﬁltration device must be used to maintain a trouble-free operation. (In areas with extremely
hard water, we suggest that a sedimentary and taste & odor ﬁlter be installed.) This will prolong the life of your
brewing system and enhance coffee quality.
This appliance is designed for commercial use. Any servicing other than cleaning and preventive maintenance
should be performed by an authorized Wilbur Curtis service technician.
• Do NOT immerse the unit in water or any other liquid
• To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do NOT open service panels. No user serviceable parts
• Keep hands and other items away from hot surfaces of unit during operation.
• Never clean with scouring powders, bleach or harsh chemicals.
WARNINGS – To help avoid personal injury
Important Notes/Cautions – from the factory
1. A 1/4”Flare x 3/8” Male pipe elbow is supplied with the brewer for water line connection. Use tubing sized
sufﬁciently to provide a minimum of 1.0 GPM.
2. Connect the unit to an appropriate electrical power circuit.
3. Turn on the toggle (STANDBY/ON) switch behind the unit. The heating tank will start to ﬁll. When the water
level in the tank rises to the correct volume, the heating elements will energize automatically. With this cof
fee brewer, there is no risk of heating element burnout caused by overheating an empty tank.
4. The heating tank will require 20 to 30 minutes to reach operating temperature (200°F), indicated when
READY TO BREW is displayed on the LCD screen.
5. Prior to brewing, dispense 12 ounces of hot water through the hot water faucet.
Brew a cycle of at least 12 ounces, to purge the water lines of any air that may be trapped after ﬁlling.
NSF International requires the following water connection:
1. A quick disconnect or additional coiled tubing (at least 2x the depth of the unit) so that the ma-
chine can be moved for cleaning underneath.
2. In some areas an approved backﬂow prevention device may be required between the brewer and
the water supply.
3. Water pipe connections and ﬁxtures directly connected to a potable water supply shall be sized,
installed and maintained in accordance with federal, state, and local codes.
CAUTION: DO NOT
connect this brewer to hot
water. The inlet valve is
not rated for hot water.
CAUTION: Please use
this setup procedure
before attempting to use
this brewer. Failure to follow the
instructions can result in injury or the
voiding of the warranty.
to be installed to comply
with applicable federal,
state, or local plumbing/electrical
codes having jurisdiction.
Service Manual – Combo Brewer High Volume Single
FOR THE LATEST SPECIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION GO TO WWW.WILBURCURTIS.COM
ISO 9001:2008 REGISTERED
WILBUR CURTIS CO.
Montebello, CA 90640
For the latest information go to