How to install driver?
1. How to install driver? (Windows Vista and higher)
First of all, connect your device to PC. From our website you can download two kinds of driver packages - .exe files and archives (.zip, .rar, .7zip etc.). For .exe files just double click it to run setup wizard. Archives should be extracted first, to any folder. Then search among extracted files for .exe file. It can be named Setup.exe, Install.exe etc. But do not run Uninstall.exe, it is for uninstallation. Simple installation can be made just by clicking "Next", "Forward" or "Install" buttons, but it is recommended only for beginners. Almost all setup programs allow you to choose destination folder and what components will be installed. Setup wizards contain help tips, so it is highly recommended to read carefully all information on every step of installation. For example, printer driver will ask you to connect printer to PC on one of the stages. Without this operation driver will not be installed. Another important moment is installation time. Do not interrupt the installation process, even if progress bar seems to freeze. For example, installation of printer or videacard driver may take over 10 minutes. Interrupting setup process may damage the structure of operating system and cause loading errors. Always wait until setup process will be completed or will give an error. After successful installation of driver restart your computer, even if setup wizard doesn't ask you to do it. It is necessary for proper driver work.
2. Setup errors.
The most common error appears when you try to install driver on the unsupported operating system. Please read carefully description of driver on website before downloading to prevent this error. Another common error, when you install newer version of driver without deleting an old version. Usually, setup wizards suggest you to delete an old driver first, but not all of them. To uninstall an old driver you should follow these steps:
1) Click "Start" button, type "Uninstall Program" in search form and press "Enter".
2) Search for needed driver in the list, double click it to begin uninstalling.
Some drivers can not be uninstalled this way. So there is another method:
1) Click "Start" button, type "Device Manager" in search form and press "Enter".
2) Search for needed category and device in the list.
3) Right click the device and choose "Uninstall". Click "OK" in pop-up window. This action will delete the device with its driver from system. You will be able to install a new driver after rebooting your PC.
3. How to update existing driver?
Sometimes you can not find needed driver for your device. Present operating systems (Windows Vista and newer) can find and install suitable basic driver from their database. Here are instructions how to do it:
1) Go to "Device manager" (as described in the 2nd part of this article).
2) The device without working driver will be marked with yellow triangle. Double click this device, choose "Driver" tab and click "Update Driver" button.
3) Follow the instructions to detect the device and search for suitable driver. You will need an Internet connection to allow Windows to search for driver online.
It is not guaranteed, that this method will help install driver for your device, but sometimes it helps.
4. Installing .inf file.
If all instructions above didn't help you - try to install the driver from .inf file. These files contain installation instructions for drivers and devices. .inf file can be located within the drivers (NOTE: some modern drivers use self-extracting archives, so .inf file will be located in the destination folder). In this method it is very important that you make sure you have the correct driver, for your device and your OS. Right click the .inf file and click "Install". After installation reboot your PC. This is the only way to install some old drivers, that don't have .exe file.