1. Make sure the printer is powered up. There must be indicating LED on its body, usually near "Power" button.
2. If your printer has a display - check it for errors.
3. Make sure printer is connected to your PC. Power off the printer, unplug the cable then connect it again and power on the printer. Your PC should indicate, that the device was successfully connected. If this did not happened try to connect your printer into another USB slot.
4. If the printer is using wireless connection, the signal may be weak. Move the device closer to the signal source. Make sure that wireless connection is configurated correctly.
5. Check paper tray, it may be empty. If paper was jammed - open the printer casing where ink cartriges are located and look for paper jam. Carefully pull it out.
6. Check ink or toner cartriges, one or both of them may be empty. Replace empty cartrige with new one (most of printers can not use refilled cartriges, only new branded ones).
7. Install a newer driver. You can always get the latest driver from our website. Detailed instruction about installing the driver is available on our website in articles section.
8. For any other troubles refer to the printer documentation. You can search for it in user manuals section.
9. You can read service manual to find the solution of hardware problems if you are technically educated.
10. If the problem cannot be solved, you should contact vendor support representative in your region.